Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Random Facts

We were out to dinner tonight for BonBon's birthday, Kate's still in her carseat asleep, and I'm tired, so this will be brief. Four facts for your enjoyment and contemplation (i.e. advice).

1. Padyn got her first real bloody nose tonight. No one socked her, she just started bleeding, probably due to the cold, dry weather we've been experiencing. I get them, too, and sometimes very severely. Like 30 minutes, super heavy, ice packs needed to stop the bleeding severe. Hers wasn't that bad, but we did have to sit and pinch her nose for a while to get it to stop. We were hoping she wouldn't get those. Oh well.

2. Kate has woken up screaming every night for a week. Always between 3 and 4am, always crying for at least 30 minutes. It's not getting shorter, and it doesn't seem to be going away. Early this morning I finally went in after 45 minutes, gave her the paci, swaddled her up, turned her music on and left. She does this funny thing where she screams two more times after you shut the door then she is completely done. She usually does it when I put her down for naps and at bedtime, so it wasn't surprising to have happen this morning. But seriously...I just couldn't handle it anymore this morning. At 4:30am all you care about is getting a couple more hours of sleep. I couldn't let it continue any longer. And the poor girl has dark circles under her eyes today. I haven't decided what I'm going to do tonight when she wakes up. I've been debating all day whether I should continue to let her scream or just go fix it so we can all get better rest.

3. Kate is learning how to wave. She was showing off this new skill that I had no idea she possessed tonight at dinner. It is highly adorable.

4. Padyn was obsessed with "Heaven" today. She wanted to see it, go there, know who else will be there...I'll have to ask her teacher tomorrow what they've been learning about in bible time. She must really be paying attention during that time. (But obviously she missed the lesson about how Jesus doesn't eat her already digested food.)

1 comment:

PRETTYDOG VINEYARD...KAZZ said...

WHEN I WAS LITTLE, & UP TO THE AGE OF 9 I CONTINUALLY GOT BLOODY NOSES...& I MEAN BLOODY...MY DEAR OLD DEPARTED MOM USED TO FREAK OUT BIG TIME...ABOUT THE ONLY THING THAT STOPPED IT WAS LYING ON MY BACK WITH HEAD HANGING AS FAR DOWN AS POSSIBLE...A REASON WAS NEVER DISCOVERED, HOWEVER IT DID NOT SEEM TO DO ME ANY HARM...IN THIS DAY & AGE YOU WOULD THINK THAT SOMEONE WOULD KNOW MORE...THESE DAYS I HAVE THE 'BREATHE ON ME & I'LL BRUISE' SYNDROYME...NOTHNG MORE...GUESS I'M JUST LUCKY!!