Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Let the Madness Begin


Today is the 1st day of November. All Saints Day. The day all kids suffer from sugar hangovers at school and torment their teachers. And, it's the official start of NaBloPoMo. You read it correctly, NaBloPoMo: National Blog Posting Month. Basically, it's a challenge that hundreds (possibly thousands?) of bloggers will take on this month to post a blog every day. That's right-EVERY DAY. Like weekends. And holidays. And birthdays. In sickness and in health. You get the idea.

Well, I never would have considered taking up this challenge because what could I possibly post everyday for a month? I have no idea. But when the Girls' Moma throws me a challenge, I have a hard time resisting. I find myself getting sucked into her craziness. At least I haven't dyed my hair red-yet. (But you never know how far I will go in order to find things to write about this month...)

So, here it begins. A post everyday. I can do this. It's not that hard. Do I have a plan? No. Any ideas? A few. Motivation? If Lisa, Staci, Erin, and others can do it, then so can I.

What can you do to help? Post comments to encourage me. Send me ideas about what to write about. Those of you who are fellow bloggers, try it yourself this month. If you've been contemplating starting your own blog (you know who you are) have the guts to do it this month. Those babies aren't getting younger. Tell us your stories. This month, we are all eyes.

9 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Yes, TELL US YOUR STORIES!

I love stories.

We can do it!

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not - you are a good story teller and you are telling a story which we want to hear. It's great for Mindy and I to keep track of you, Padyn, Kate and Old Block Head. Quality is very good but quantity fills in the gaps and that makes it rich for us.

threeforme said...

You guys make me all misty eyed...

Thank you.

PRETTYDOG VINEYARD...KAZZ said...

prettydogvineyard said...
Old Block Head huh???
Must be a few good stories in there somewhere xoxox

threeforme said...

YEAH KAZZ! I'm so happy you registered!

Ro said...

okay, I'll do it. If I'm cranky, you'll know why!

Double A's Mom said...

Yeah, baby! I'm super motivated. K, actually, I kinda forgot that today was November 1st and the start of NaBloPoMo. But I was lucky enough to have posted anyway today and will keep at it for the rest of the month.

Cozy Mom said...

I can't say I will be crazy enought to try this one...but i am thrilled to know that there will be something entertaining and wholesome to read every day when I turn on my computer.
And the Block Head is correct, you are great at this.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Hey, for a Block Head, he knows a lot of stuff. Like how good you are at creating a place your girls will love to come to see how much they are loved. I hope even then they can read the comments here, especially the one about getting in your pants. Niiice!