Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Desert-Post IV:Grandma and Grandpa's House

Seriously, I still have pictures to post from our trip down south two weekends ago now. I think this will be the last batch. There are a few more, but they don't center around a particular event, so I can post them whenever I just need a few cute pictures to clutter up the blog.

We drove from the desert to my mom's house in Laguna Niguel on Saturday for my step-dad's 60th birthday party. Don't even talk to me about the drive there because it still makes my eye twitch. At least both girls slept most of the 3 hour drive and it was just Joel and I left to be antsy and frustrated by the excessive traffic and unclear traffic signs. And fortunately, there was plenty of wine and beer when we got there to soothe away any irritation caused by the drive.

It was a small party, but that makes it better to catch up. Auntie Colleen and Auntie Erica where there along with Aunt Alana. Padyn loves her aunties, so she had a great time showing off for all of them. She also demonstrated her talent for taking photos. As you can see below, Auntie let her take a photo with her camera. The picture of Colleen, Erica and myself was actually taken by Padyn. Pretty talented, eh?

Kate was happy as long as someone was holding her, and of course there was no shortage of that. I think she was only put down for a nap and to be changed. She is so easy!

I think at some point Padyn took a dip in my mom's pond, but I have no pictures of it. Someone does, I'm sure. But alas, as I have not been emailed them yet, they aren't going up. I also have none of my mom and the girls. That's because she also has a camera in her hands all the time. We photographers have to remember to hand over our cameras if we want to be recorded for posterity.

After cake, we got the girlies bathed and we hit the road for the trip home. Oh, so much less painful when you drive at 9pm. As predicted, Padyn woke up the next morning asking to go to Grandma's house. Well, honey, not today. Someday soon, but not today.

No comments: