Thursday, November 30, 2006

That's All Folks

Today, being November 30th, is the last day of NaBloPoMo. It was challenging to post something everyday, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I don't think I posted any more than I would in a month, I just spread them out more evenly. It was a nice goal for me to have everyday in that it forced me to pay more attention to my children. Seriously! I was always on the lookout for what I could write about next. Every conversation with Padyn was analyzed as to whether or not it would make good blog fodder (to steal The Girls' Moma's word). Some have suggested I keep posting everyday (Brand New Momma, Grandma, etc...the usual fan base). We'll see. For now, I'll try to post everyday during the week, and I will be continuing Photo Fridays. That's all I can promise.

But I leave you today with something I discovered about Katelyn today. I have no idea if she is super brilliant or behind in her development because a child development expert I am not. (Ask anyone who took Human Development with me. I totally slept through every class.) Here's what she is doing:

MIMICKING

She copies Padyn mostly, when she makes sounds and when she waves her arms. It's the cutest thing. And I think she knows she's doing it because she has the biggest smile on her face and is nearly jumping up and down with excitement (Kate, not Padyn). It's so fun to watch that girl grow bigger and bigger, as Padyn would say.

3 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Yeah! We did it. We rule! We rock the CASBAH!

Ok, maybe I should go to bed...

Erin said...

I'll vote for Super Brilliant because Avery's doing the same thing with Callie. Only she just started doing it and she's ~2mos older than Kate...hmm.

threeforme said...

Thanks, Mom.