Monday, November 27, 2006

One Down, One to Go

This morning, the "dirty paci" died. You know, the dirty paci. The one that Padyn rubbed on her nose and cheek. It never went into her mouth. Maybe that's why she called it the dirty paci. Or maybe it got it's name due to the excessive amount of lint it collected on its latex nipple.

Apparently the nipple broke. Daddy had Padyn throw it in the trash.

Now there's only one more. It's the one that she actually sucks on. The one she's had from birth. Everyday I remind her that when she sleeps without it we can go buy this. She picked it out last week at Toys R Us. She calls it the Dora Cara.

We'll see if and when she actually gets it. Every morning she asks for it and I ask her if she's ready to sleep without her pacis. Her reply is usually an enthusiastic yes, but when it comes to sleepy time, she isn't willing to part with them yet.

To be continued...

2 comments:

PRETTYDOG VINEYARD...KAZZ said...

GOOD GIRL PADYN...I GUESS THE OTHER PACI MIGHT ALSO BE ON THE WAY OUT...'DORA THE EXPLORER' LOOKS VERY CUTE...AND IT'S PURPLE...BUT I'M A IT CONCERNED ABOUT THE REVIEWS...DOES THE STORE LET YOU HAVE A TEST RUN BEFORE BUYING??

YankeeAmanda said...

I'm new to your blog, having come across it on NaBloPoMo. Can I ask how old Padyn is? My daughter Jadyn is almost 15 months and only has a paci to sleep. In fact, I put about 4 in the crib so that if she loses one through the slots she can grab another. I'm just wondering if I should banish them now and let her adjust before she can protest verbally.